The Roguelike Celebration is happening on Saturday and Sunday October 6th and 7th, 2018 at the GitHub office in San Francisco.
Buy a ticket!
This year's speakers include:
- Tarn Adams - Creator of Dwarf Fortress - talking about Villians and other updates to Dwarf Fortress!
- Thomas Biskup - Creator of ADOM - talking about Entity Component Systems in games!
- Josh Ge - Creator of Cogmind - talking about how to make a roguelike!
- Jim Shepard - Creator of Dungeonmans - talking about the secrets of storytelling in games!
- Brian Walker - Creator of Brogue - talking about level generation techiques!
- Santiago Zapata - Creator of Temple of the Roguelike and Ananias - talking about the history of roguelikes!
- Max Kreminski - Computational Media PhD student at UC Santa Cruz - talking about gardening as a mode of play!
- Colin Liotta - Jack of many trades - talking about his roguelike puzzle for the 2018 MIT Mystery Hunt!
- Jongwoo Kim - Developer at Kitfox Games - talking about subjective simulation design and ludonarrative congruence!
- Jonathan Lessard & Pippin Barr - Professor at Concordia University and Director of LabLabLab - talking about Chogue the chess roguelike!
- Bob Nystrom - Game programmer and author of Game Programming Patterns - talking about techniques for game design!
- Leif Bloomquist - retro game and electronic music enthusiast - talking about making a multiplayer roguelike for the Commodore 64!
- Alexei Pepers - Game designer and accessibility researcher - talking about the joys of delving through the Nethack codebase!
- Andrew Aversa - Creator of Tangledeep - talking about calibrating difficulty in games!